Simplesense helps those who help others. Emergency operators and first responders rely on a complex mix of legacy and modern information systems to coordinate actions during emergency incidents when every second is critical. However, these systems do not interoperate well with one another, resulting in lower operational efficiency, poorer situational awareness, and slower response times. Using a secured common data platform, Simplesense integrates sensors and systems to deliver aggregated data to the right person at the right time.
Simplesense is the prime contractor on the Air Force's Installation Resilience Operations Command and Control (IROC) contract and is hiring to fill immediate needs to support the deployment of advanced technology connecting and securing civil engineering and security forces technologies for greater base awareness capabilities.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering. There is an expectation of occasional on-site meetings at the Denver, CO talent hub. While the majority of the work can be conducted remotely, initial on-boarding will be in-person. Over time, on-site requirements will be on an as-needed basis as identified by the Director of Engineering.
The Network Engineer works with the engineering and operations teams to:
- Deploy and maintain a hybrid on-prem and cloud network environment to meet operational needs
- Collaborate on architecture decisions required to integrate new systems and functionality
- Investigate and resolve network issues
- Maintain detailed network documentation and diagrams for internal and sponsor review
- Ensure network resilience and security for critical infrastructure
- Collaborate on automation of deployment and maintenance tasking
- Participate in the agile planning workflow
- Promote a DevOps culture in a highly regulated environment
- Identify and propose ideas to improve network efficiency, security and effectiveness
Required: Must be a US citizen with ability to obtain a DoD CAC card and NIPR account for access to DoD specific tools and systems.
Our ideal candidate will check most of these boxes:
- 7+ years of experience as a network engineer for large campus networks
- Strong experience with Cisco systems including switching, routing and firewalls
- Experience deploying and maintaining campus scale secured networks through GRE, IPSec, VTI or similar techniques
- Experience with routing protocols such as BGP and EIGRP
- Experience with port security configurations
- Basic knowledge of Linux, preferably Debian/Ubuntu
- Strong communication skills and able to work in a remote-first culture
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues
Bonus points for experience with:
- Supporting critical infrastructure networks
- Maintaining DoD or US government network environments
- Hybrid environments and AWS cloud networking
- Linux Networking: Strongswan, advanced configurations with netplan, iptables
- Git Workflows
- Using Ansible playbooks against network devices
- This position reports to the Director of Engineering. On-boarding and occasional travel will be required to our Denver Metro talent hub and other team locations.
- Full time
- Greater Denver/Boulder metropolitan area
Competitive benefits package including equity
- Medical, Life, Short-Term Disability, and AD&D insurance
- Medical travel coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- 401K matching
- Profit sharing
Salary Range: $130,000 - $175,000